Fiberglass Bathtub Repair Do It Yourself.
Fiberglass is usually used for making a bathtub in your bathroom. People love this material because fiberglass is included as cheap material. Besides, there is still an advantage that can be gotten from this thing. One of them is easily to be maintained and cleaned. You do not need to take much time to clean it up and maintain this thing in your bathroom, but you have to take care of it carefully since it can be broken and it will have a crack in its part of body.
If this happens, you do not need to be worry. You can repair it by yourself if you have the tool to repair it. It is such a simple thing to do. First of all, the things that you need to repair a cracked fiberglass bathtub are:
- Wood Stick
- Polyester Resin
How to Repair a Cracked Fiberglass Bathtub
After preparing those things for repairing the fiberglass bathtub in your bathroom, what you need to do next is starting to do the action. The steps are:
- Try to diagnose the broken size of your bathtub.
- If you want to repair the fiberglass bathtub in your bathroom, clean your bathtub first in order to make it more effective. How to clean the bathtub itself is so easy. You just need water and liquid soap to make it clean. When you have done with this one, do not keep your bathtub wet. You have to dry it first since you will need a dry and liquid thing to cover the crack in your fiberglass.
- The third thing to do is cutting the jagged which is located in the target area. You can do it by sanding it with sandpaper smoothly and lightly. It can be used for removing the wax and soap scum that is entered inside the fiberglass.
- The next step is rinsing those areas with acetone to repair the fiberglass as the first time.
- Before doing the main thing in this step, what you need to do is mixing the materials that are used for repairing the fiberglass. Prepare one empty can to be a place for patching the formula. The ingredients that are needed are: polyester resin (1/4 or ½ volume), the hardener and the colorant. Please measure correctly in order to get a correct formula. If you do not know how to compare and mix the formula, try to search some reliable sources.
- After mixing those things into one liquid formula, apply it in the surface of the fiberglass bathtub that has crack. Do not keep it more than 15 minutes since the hardener that you have filled in will make that liquid becomes solid. You can use a wood stick to apply it in the surface of the fiberglass bathtub.
- When you feel it does not still smooth, you can sand it with a small piece of cloth to make sure the surface of the bathtub is smooth enough.
- Let it dry for about 15-20 minutes. If it becomes solid then your job has done.
It is easy right? You do not need to call an expert! Save your money to buy anything else. Have a nice try!
HomePortfolio is an Internet search company focused on home design collaboration. We don't sell anything Northern Virginia is a trove of home and design enthusiasts and professionals. Whether you seek a designer, remodeler or landscaper, a home wares store This reduces the places where unhealthy bacteria is spread. If you have separate hot and cold faucet handles.